Los Angeles, Calif.-based Mercury Insurance announced five new coverages and five new discounts available for homeowners and renters in Nevada.
Mercury’s new coverages provide additional insurance protections with an option for environmentally-friendly replacement products. Discounts are available for homeowners already taking eco-friendly measures and will put hard-earned money back in the pockets of policyholders.
New coverages include:
- Green Home: Mercury will cover up to an additional 10% of the replacement costs for environmentally friendly alternatives or construction methods with a covered loss. For example, if a homeowner with this additional coverage has damaged carpeting and selects an eco-friendly replacement, Mercury would issue funds up to 10% more than the costs to replace the carpeting so the homeowner can go with the green flooring option.
- Matching of Undamaged Siding and Roofing: Mercury is providing two additional coverages—siding or roofing—that allow the undamaged portions to be replaced as well when there is a mismatch.
- Refrigerated Products: The new protection covers up to $1,000 of food items if there’s a loss of power or a mechanical failure of a refrigerator resulting in spoiled food.
- Limited Hidden Water, Steam Seepage or Leakage: Mercury is offering coverage that would apply to the resulting damages in these instances.
New discounts include:
- Green Home: Mercury is offering up to 5% discount for all perils if the home has a Green certification by the U.S. Green Building Council LEED rating system or meets the requirements of the National Association of Home Builders Green Building Guidelines.
- Updated Home: Homes more than 20 years old, with permitted renovations, such as HVAC replacement, re-roofing, remodeling, or a new addition, during the last 10 years are eligible for up to a 10% discount on the wind and water perils.
- Good Payer: Homeowner policyholders who’ve paid on time for the past 36 months are eligible for the good payer discount, which saves 2% on the policy.
- Paid in Full: Mercury is offering a discount of up to 10% in savings on premium for renters insurance policyholders.
- Digital: This is a discount of up to 2% in premium savings for policyholders who sign up for the customer portal, paperless billing and paperless document directory.
Mercury is a multiple-line insurance carrier predominantly offering personal auto, homeowners and renters insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia, as well as auto insurance in Florida. Mercury writes other lines of insurance in various states.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Interested in Homeowners?
Get automatic alerts for this topic.
Alice J. Roden started working for Trending Insurance News at the end of 2021. Alice grew up in Salt Lake City, UT. A writer with a vast insurance industry background Alice has help with several of the biggest insurance companies. Before joining Trending Insurance News, Alice briefly worked as a freelance journalist for several radio stations. She covers home, renters and other property insurance stories.